Sunday, November 1, 2009

BP2_20091101_Getting Started


I really don't have any clue were this day will go. I don't know how a blog can benefit me or my students educationally. I don't blog. I thought aboput starting one a while ago but I just have too much to do to sit down and blog something meaningful. I guess this will have to change. truly it has already changed. I have been posting about my AR project however I have been using iWeb and I enjoy iWeb so this is strange opportunity I will either find myself in a very strange pickle or having a lot of fun. I tend to view new things as wonderful. I love new experiences however I have to find a way to see how this will help me. I searched the internet for some information on educational blogs that would give me some insight on how blogging in education could be beneficial to me or my students. I found a good article on a web sight about blogs. The author wrote, "Keeping a classroom blog will also help parents to be informed of what’s going on in the classroom. This, in turn, will lead to more parents taking active roles in their children’s education"(Adultlearn.com, 2009). I never thought of trying this not in my wildest of dreams. The author continued, "Write up a synopsis of what the class has been studying each month, or at the end of each term. Be sure to get parental permission before posting photos of students on your site. Photographs of in-class projects, science experiments, and the students working in groups will help parents to feel as though they are well-informed of their child’s daily routine"(Adultlearn.com, 2009). I can't say I am going to start blogging with my students tomorrow but it is a great idea and I can truly see how it would and could help me in my class. I think this would be a great way to involve your studnets parents and keep them involved in the goings on in the classroom which is important. Keeping students' parents involved in the education of the students is paramount. I feel that I could use this approach as a wy to also get feedback from parents on a more regular basis. As I am writing this I am becoming more and more convinced that this is a good idea. I may become a blogger, yet.

Adultlearn.com.(2009). Blogs in education. Retrieved Nov 1, 2009, from
http://www.adultlearn.com/blogs-education.html

1 comment:

  1. I hope it wasn't as painful as it looks in the pic:) Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete