Sunday, November 8, 2009

BP6_20091102_Flickr


Flickr - Lesson plans hmmmm


I searched through the Internets and managed to find a few interesting Flickr lesson plans but none that I truly wanted to do with my class. I happened to run across one about disabled students that gave me some inspiration check it out here. I wasn't particularly inspired by the content or the subject matter. My interest was peaked by the use of these seemingly abstract photos to teach a subject. I see how I you could use photos to reinforce a lesson.

My Lesson Plan...In Short form:


I plan on using Flickr in this manner I will create an account for the class and allow the children to upload images to the account and create photo sets. I will of course have to instruct them as to how this is to be accomplished.

The students will be charged with finding pictures on the Internet or taking some photos of their own that will capture and/or reinforce some mathematical quandary. An example of this would be a picture or photo of a ruler and the title could be 12 inches equals 1 foot.

This activity would be a group assignment and the children would be able to see each others work online and show it to their parents as well. I think this activity would be fun as well as educational.

The children would learn a new way to view mathematical problems and equations while finding new ways to learn about math.



Project H Design. (2008). Julie- math through art. Retrieved
November 8, 2009 from
http://www.flickr.com/photos/projecthdesign/sets/72157607641738699/

No comments:

Post a Comment